Monday, January 23, 2012
1) Build hillside stairs to the house.
2) Upgrade the rainwater harvesting setup with a new pump, filter, and overflow barrel.
3) Put siding on the sauna and shed.
4) Develop a large compost pile.
5) Build a woodshed and greenhouse.
6) Dump-and-run ten yards of gravel the length of the driveway to maintain a crown on the road. Plant local saplings of alder, birch, and tamarack, on either side of driveway. Remove felled tree trunks along driveway.
Ambitious, and optimistic. Oh, well, what isn't done this year will be tackled the next.
Posted by Eric Schaetzle at 8:11 PM
Friday, December 30, 2011
Thursday, November 17, 2011
Nature: Moment of Impact: Jungle to see an osprey dive. (Photo by Michael Wulf. ) I tried my hand at drawing the photo above, which reminds me of this drawing of a griffin, from Bill Peet's "Pinkish Purplish Bluish Egg".
Posted by Eric Schaetzle at 4:31 PM
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Sunday, September 18, 2011
close-up photo by Heather Webber.) I am sure we will return, a fourth time together, to hike or bike through Denali National Park.
Posted by Eric Schaetzle at 6:44 PM
Posted by Eric Schaetzle at 6:38 PM